Phone (609) 268-0363
Fax (609) 268-7198
- Violations of motor vehicle and traffic laws
- Violations of disorderly and petty disorderly persons offenses (criminal cases which may result in fines or jail)
- Violations of Fish and Game laws, Parks and Forests, Weights and Measures, SPCA, and Boating Regulations
- Violations of municipal ordinances (local laws)
- More serious offenses, known as indictable offenses, are sent to the County Prosecutor's Office. The County Prosecutor decides whether to present the case to a Grand Jury or to return to the municipal court as a less serious offense (a downgrade).
- You wish to have a trial
- The charge is not listed on the Statewide Violations Schedule
- Personal injury is involved
ALL COURT SESSIONS ARE THE FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAY OF THE MONTH. THE FIRST SESSION BEGINS AT 8AM, THE SECOND SESSION AT 3:30PM, EXCEPT FOR MONDAY, JUNE 6 AT 8:00AM
COURT DATES 2017
JANUARY 3 8 AM
JANUARY 17 3:30 PM JULY 18 3:30 PM
FEBRUARY 7 8 AM AUGUST 1 8 AM
FEBRUARY 21 3:30 PM AUGUST 15 3:30 PM
MARCH 7 8 AM SEPTEMBER 5 8 AM
MARCH 21 3:30 PM SEPTEMBER 19 3:30 PM
APRIL 4 8 AM OCTOBER 3 8 AM
APRIL 18 3:30 PM OCTOBER 17 3:30 PM
MAY 2 8 AM NOVEMBER 7 8 AM
MAY 16 3:30 PM NOVEMBER 21 3:30 PM
JUNE 5 8 AM MONDAY DECEMBER 5 8 AM
JUNE 20 3:30 PM DECEMBER 19 3:30 PM
ALL COURT SESSIONS ARE THE FIRST AND THIRD TUESDAY OF THE MONTH. THE FIRST SESSION OF THE MONTH BEGINS AT 8AM, THE SECOND SESSION AT 3:30PM. DUE TO A CONFERENCE AND HOLIDAY, THE FIRST COURT SESSIONS IN JUNE WILL BE ON MONDAY, JUNE 5.
Helpful Phone Numbers: Lawyer Referral Service of Burlington County Bar Association - (609)261-4862. This service provides legal referrals in a particular field of law in which the client needs help. Attorneys will have initial consultation with client for reduced fee.
Office on Aging, Human Services Facility. (609)265-5069
Legal Aid is one of the many services provided by the County Office on Aging to the residents of Burlington County who are over the age of 60. This service provides legal advice, but does not provide representation in the municipal courts.